Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Portion

Lately, I'll admit, I've been side tracked of what's important in life again. Sometimes I get so caught up in trying to live a normal teenaged life, that I lose track on trying to live a Set-apart and holy, God centered life. I've been reading my Bible and all that yet as the day drags on I keep getting more caught up with the things and people around me. Today, when I read my Bible, it actually sunk in for the first time in awhile. My soul needed nurturting. In case you need nurturing too today, I thought I'd share with you verses that have taken my breath away.

Psalm 142: 4-5; "I have no refuge, noone cares for my life. I cry to you O Lord; I say "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."

Psalm 143:6; " My soul thirsts for You like a parched land. "

Psalm 144: 3-4; " O Lord, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him? Man is like a breath, his days are like a fleeting shadow. "

Isaiah 1:18; " Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; thought they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

Isaiah 2:22; " Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?"

2nd Timothy 4: 17a, 18; "But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory for ever and ever. Amen."

We're perfectly safe, taken care of and loved. He is our refuge, our portion. What more do we need? Why would we want to seek out human beings and put our faith or trust or hope in them? They only breathe the same air we do and it can be taken away in but an instant. God, He is all we need. He is the one our soul should thirst for. Our soul needs His word. His word is water to our parched souls. He provides and doesn't dissapoint. He removes our sins and make them white as snow no matter how many times we turn our back on Him. He will always love us, always be our refuge and always be our strength. He will bring us safely into his Kingdom, safe from every evil attack. How beautiful is that? How beautiful is He? I love Him. He is my life.






My challenge for myself, is to stay nurtured. Keep my soul well watered. To appreciate and love.
To keep my heart undivided. It will take work, but I can do it.

1 comment: