Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lasso the Moon

I like the image that creates. Lasso the Moon. Can't you picture it? Sometimes I picture a little five year old boy with determination written across his eyes while he holds a tiny lasso and he tries to capture the moon with it. Anyways. That phrase comes from one of my favorite movies; "It's a Wonderful life." It's a Christmas movie but here are my reasons why it's one of my favorites:

1. It's in Black and White. (I'm an oldie at heart)
2. I love their style and that they go out dancing!
3. The special effects are pretty bad which makes it funny.
4. I love that line; " What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary. " It's so cute.
5. Its placed at Christmas time.

So, if you've never watched it, I encourage you to go watch it. You're never too young to watch an old movie and appreciate it.

Sidenotes:

On Sunday, me and my friend Meghan flew. It was an exhilarating experience. Also, me and my friend Brin took a picture of our matching Moccasins and I really like the picture.

Yesterday I went shopping with my good friend Erin (over at write run dream sing ), and we had an epic time. I didn't take any pictures, so I stole a couple to show you guys. And by a couple, i literally mean a couple. I only stole two. haha. Also, I'm finally gonna put up some of the moon pictures I took.

Today I'm going to have a Bible study with my Tuesday turtle gals, and then my good friend Nora is finally coming over and we're gonna have a Musical watching night. It's exciting.















Life is pretty grand you know? Not always, but it really can be if you look at it the right way.


























If you ever get the chance, don't take life for granted. You have one life here on earth. One life to make a difference. One life to live for God and tell others about His Love and Grace. You have one life to spend with your friends and tell them that you love them. One life. Don't waste it. Don't grow tired of it. There's so much more for you to do. So much more to see. And only one life to see and do things here on Earth. You were put here for a purpose and for a reason, and God wants to use you. Let Him use you. Appreciate Life. He created it for You.
 Lasso the Moon today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for visiting my blog! I thoroughly enjoy yours.:) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. I *so* love this blog! It very well could be one of my new favorites. I'm totally following! <3
    I love every single photo up there. mm-hm. and It's a Wonderful Life. ^_^ It's really cute. We watch it around Christmas time every year. (we still have it on VHS! lol)

    That last paragraph is just beautiful. <3 <3 Life is much too precious to waste. Too precious to get tired of.
    xx

    ReplyDelete