Monday, August 13, 2012

FilmStrips of Life

I like filmstrips. I think it'd be cool if there was one big long filmstrip that captured every event that ever occured in your life. Or maybe just the happy events. Then you could relive them over and over again every time you unfolded that long filmstrip. It's a neat picture in my head.

Today is one of those unorganized pieces of thoughts posts. Just a head's up.

One thing I've been learning lately is the art of being Selfless in a Self centered world. It's hard. But not impossible. Being selfless isn't just the dedication of your free time to others. It isn't even just making time for others. It's giving time, and actually caring about others and their well being much more than yourself. It's about having the mindset of what you can do to bless others. To be there for others. To encourage others. Not only that, but it also means not complaining about others. Not complaining about the heights you go through for them. Not complaining about how you do so much for them and get little in return. It's being okay with that. It's wanting to do that as long as you can help them. It's caring about them more than yourself.

Sidenote: If you could choose whether to be optimistic or pessimistic in life, which would you choose? I personally would choose optimism. You'd always get dissapointed in life if you were a pessimist. You'd never enjoy it. Sometimes I am not always in the optimistic mindset, but when i can be in one, it always proves more rewarding. You're so much mroe cheerful and hopeful. And happy.

Also, I'd rather think the best about people than the worst. Even if they prove me wrong. I think people deserve to have the benefit of the doubt because most people don't give them that. I think people deserve to get forgiveness when they don't deserve it.









A lot of people compare me to Taylor Swift even though I have brown hair and brown eyes. I think it's because of the curly hair even though our curls are even different and I don't see it. However, I must admit I kinda love it when they compare me to her. Even if that makes me a dork. Just because I love her in herself. She has a magically quality about her, and she tends to help make people shine.



Sometime I want to photograph a person, or people, with their hands in the air like that. Because I like the way it looks.


I also thought this was imbearably cute.


And i like feet.





Lately, i've really been bitten by the photography bug. I love photography and all that it can capture.

Also, Summer is almost gone. And August heat is crawling up my skin and in casing it with it's penetrating warmth. I don't really like August. But I do like the name of August. I mean, it's sorta fun to say. And I guess I don't mind it too much. I just don't like the suffocating warmth  and the heavy feeling of it. But it is bearable and Fall will become all in due time. There's a time and season for everything under the Sun.

Encourage people today. And let yourself Dream. Everyone should have one!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, thank you so much for the comment. (: And secondly, I seriously love your blog. I'm about to click the button to follow. =) Blessings to your day!

    ReplyDelete