Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stare

All I want is to travel the world and photograph everything and have enough money to do that, in hiking boots and sweaters and smile and meet strangers and scout out the best cafes and write about the things I see in descriptive words, swim in strange oceans, dance in the rain of different countries, breathe the air, seek out adventures, in the midst of it all purchase and learn how to play the Banjo, catch fireflies, make wishes on stars, see unbelievable sights like you would if you were on a magic carpet ride and let my imagination and creativity go crazy the whole entire time never once stopping for a moment of practicality and logic and never once questioning whether what I'm doing or seeing is making sense or normal or ordinary.
No, I never want to be ordinary.

It could possibly take up the whole rest of my life, and I really wouldn't mind at all.

"Stare. It is the way to educate your eye, and more. Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long."
- Walker Evans














But, alas, I feel like I have better, important things to do than that.
And my want is to be and do whatever God wants me to be and do.
But it is fun to dream.
And what's nice is, that you never know what opportunities and things will happen in life.
You never know what God has in store for you and your life.
Each day is a brand new surprise.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your beautiful comments Sophie it made my day.

    I wish the same thing with you too. I love learning new culture and feel culture shock lol :D come to Indonesia my friend :)

    I love the quote. I wondering did you take those pictures ? ;)you are great in photography.

    I hope you have beautiful day.

    Blessing,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and quote! Made me think!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete