Saturday, May 4, 2013

Gasp! A Saturday Post!?

Yes folks, I'm posting on a Saturday.

Not something I usually do, but since I skipped posting yesterday and I had time this morning. I thought I'd catch you up on what's been going on. I feel like a lot has happened.

1. Summer began.
2. I cleaned, really cleaned, my desk off and it looks shiny and new and beautiful. I'm really pleased.
3. I learned how to brew coffee, and make Frappuccino's. (Life important skills right there.)
4. I got a pedicure for the first time with my Mom.
5. I ate Breakfast at Panera with a friend.
6. I'm starting to learn the beauty of creating choreography.
7. I'm learning that contacts are a pain in the butt.
8. I still have yet to post my Summer list.
9. I went to the beach with my friend and it was the perfect day for it. After strolling, swimming, laying out, we also got Happy Hour Frapps from Starbucks.
10. Then we went to Treasure Island Fun Center and won THE BIG LOAD. The 400 ticket highest amount you can win from Deal or No Deal! The one nobody ever gets. And with it we each got a thing of shockers candy and twin inflatable pickles. Can't beat that!



Our Pedi's!


Impactful Bible reading.



My doggy diva!


The way my hair grows after going to the beach. :P


Beach pics.



Winning the 400 tickets and also taking a picture that makes me look like I've lost an arm.





Stanley and Steven the Pickle Twins.




That's about the sum of my weekend. Honestly, life isn't perfect, and it never will be. There are some downs in my life as well as ups, but I chose to focus on the ups and grow from the downs. There's going to be some people who hate you, and some who love you, but I'm not living for either one of those people. I'm living for God, and I'm trying to grow and learn what I can from life and people but I'm not going to change who I am to please people. That just doesn't work. That being said, I feel like a lot has been changing with me, but in good ways. I think I'm realizing and learning a lot and I think I'm growing closer to God and I think because of all that, I'm learning to be happier with life too and trying to make the most of it. So, I'm excited for Summer, I'm excited for where it takes me, and I'm excited for life. I'm happy to be alive and thankful. Really thankful.

4 comments:

  1. Inflatable pickles... You lucky dog:)
    I'm so excited for summer too!
    Sorry for this short comment:P
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha the pickles made me lol. They are funny. And you have cute little toes. Mine are all long and skinny and weird. haha!

    I am happy life is going so swell for you! I know what you mean, there's always going to be a big mash up of good and bad going on but I am proud of you for choosing to stay positive and learning from everything instead of focusing on the bad. You are an encouragement to me since I've been dealing with rough stuff lately.

    Thanks for your lovely comment. Just to clarify, my brother in law passed away two years ago last Thursday, so it's not a brand new tragedy... but it still hurts even two years later and your words brought me comfort. Thank you so much :)

    I love your dance pic! You look so elegant! I wish I could dance... I am so clumsy and uncoordinated so I tend to stick to crazy solo dance parties in my room haha!

    Have a fantabulous weekend :))) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what I like about you? You're so real. Sometimes all you ever hear some people talk about is sugar and spice...and you start to wonder why your life isn't like that and then wonder what you're doing wrong. But it's not really real. So, thank you for being real :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dance picture is so pretty! And I love your last paragraph. Focusing on the ups is HARD but makes life much more joyful. And hurray for summer!

    ReplyDelete