Friday, November 9, 2012

Writing Lullabies

Someday, you'll have to keep your chin up.





We're always unsure of the next step, yet somehow we always make it there.
Life keeps going regardless of what we do about it.
 


 

The lights followed me up the stairs,
They told me give it a chance, start breathing new air.
 


 
 
It's okay to not know,
In fact, sometimes, not knowing guards your youth.
 


 


You said I should have been born in a different age.
I said you lie so well you could be an actor on a theater stage.
 
 
 
I remember baked apple pies and winter nights,
When "Hey Jude" was playing in the background.
Back when your arms were safe and sound.
Back when your arms were safe and sound.
 



 Your promises are so Bright.
Blinding me with your Lies.
 

 
 
Those are all little bits and pieces of writings that occasionaly pop into my head and I transform onto journals or scraps of paper.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Soph, I LOVE how you put your own words together with pictures. It tells a story in a unique way and I adore it. It's all so nostalgic for me, and now I really wish I were with some people that I love, inspiring each other and making memories, instead of sitting in an office by myself stuffing envelopes. Haha.

    <3 <3 <3

    Thanks for your comment on my post. I have been working through some internal barriers lately and it is so helpful to blog about them if only to "get it out there." I appreciate your encouragement so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and don't EVEN worry about your long comments! I enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a HUGE quote person and I loved every single one of them here. Thanks for sharing!!
    My fav would be the one on the 11th picture. Truly inspiring..

    +To Me It Matters+

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I like the 11th best, we can't fix people but we can love them and invite them to know the only One who can fix them. =)

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love quotes so this post made my day, thank you! HAve a great weekend :D

    check out my blog :)
    dmhblogs@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the one about speaking the truth even if your voice shakes!

    ReplyDelete