Wednesday, November 18, 2015

A Thankful Thought and a Prayer Request

Nov.18th

I am thankful for my family.
I'm thankful to be back with them for a week and a half.
I'm thankful for our differences and the good times and bad.
I am thankful for their love and unending support.
I am thankful for my sisters even if we have funny ways of showing it.

I am having a hard day.
A hard couple of days.
I'm just being straight up honest.
This weekend was so amazing but the start of this week, even though I really had high hopes for it, it has just attacked me.
I don't even know where it came from.
Well, but actually I do.
I was really joyful and I was seeking God and I felt a huge want to glorify Him when coming back to school this week.
I'm sure the Devil hated that.
I know he wants to kill that joy and want.
And I'm pretty sure that's part of why I feel the way I do.
He's used circumstances, past experiences, insecurities, arguments, and worries to just overload and overflow on my mind and heart right now.
And I've been struggling.
I feel really low.
And I know joy comes from the Lord and I need to rely and hope in Him.
He is where my hope comes from.
At His feet is where I need to lay my burdens down.
But it'd be a lie to say I'm not struggling.
I'm battling big time right now.
Please, just pray that my eyes be fixed upon Jesus and that this sadness will blow away like a leaf in the wind.

I didn't want to write tonight.
I didn't want to write anything down that I was thankful for.
Because I didn't feel very thankful.
And then I realized that's why I needed to write down what I was thankful for.
And that I really needed to be thankful for it.

I'm glad to be here with my family.
My crazy, weird, and awesome and loving family.
I wouldn't want any other family.
It's broken and bent, just like everybody else's, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Our lives are strung together in one unit for a reason.
I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment