Monday, July 30, 2012

Weeds

Sometimes you have weeds in your life that you may not always realize you have. But once you realize it and pull it out of your life, you will feel a big difference. A huge relief. A breath of fresh air. And you'll have more room for beautiful things to grow.

I got a rid of a weed in my life last night and I think that's sort of ironic that I just figured that out when last week on the Missions Trip, we basically pulled a whole lot of weeds. And you learn to appreciate the beauty and the difference of a weeded out garden compared to a garden filled with weeds that hinder and destroy. And once you do that in your own life, you can see the beauty and difference too. God is so good. Let Him use you to make beauty in your life and the lives of others.










The Future has always been kind of scary to me. But for the first time in a loooong long time, I am so excited for it. I am so excited to see how God will use me. I am excited to see the places I'll go and the things I'll do. I am so excited to impact lives. I am so excited to share the Gospel and grow closer to God. I am so excited for prayer. I am so excited to encourage others. I am so excited to love. I am so excited to grow. To grow and to find beauty. And to continue to weed out what needs to be weeded. And to let go. And to trust in God. I am excited for a guarenteed bright future. Use me God. I am Yours.

Colossians 3:1-4; "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Colossians 3:15- 17; "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

Great verses to live by and think about. Any comments? Anything you'd like to share or add?

No comments:

Post a Comment