Saturday, July 28, 2012

Unplugged

So, I was gone for five days on a Missions Trip and I am exploding with words. So this is what my post will consist of. Caution: it may be long.

Some things that really stood out to me:

" It's not about what you want to do or be when you grow up, it's about what God wants you to be or do."

"So please don't fight
This coming light
Let this blood come cover us
His blood can cover us"

Colossians 4: 2 " Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

These are words I have found very comforting this week. So powerful. The first one helped me with worrying about my future, and my plans for it. Because in reality, it's not mine. It's God's. And I'm glad that was pointed out and that I can be open to God's opportunities for me and pray about it more.  The second one, just kind of hit me. "His blood can cover us." His blood does and did cover us. We're free from sin because His blood covers us. How amazing. 3. One of the major things we did and experienced this week, was evengelism and doing things for God and being a light to the world and this passage just seems to bring peace and comfort when ever I get nervous about spreading the Gospel. I pray about it and pray for others doing it too. And I am reminded to be full of grace, make the most of every opportunity, so that I can know how to answer everyone. God is beautiful, and He is amazing.

Lastly, i realized i didn't miss a single thing about being home and reconnected to the internet and all this drama and junk the world draws you to. I felt refreshed to just focus on helping others, glorifying God and just being overwhelmed by His presence and what He wants from me. Even though I am back here, I think i want to become more unplugged to the world. And do more things. I want less of me, and more of Him. I want to influence and make a difference because it IS possible. By being unplugged, it doesn't mean i'll stop blogging or stop facebook completely. However, it does mean im going to stop doing it as much. I'm going to stop getting so in wrapped by needless, pointless drama. And pointless worries. I'm going to fill my mind more with things that matter. I'm going to do more and be more, and love more and hope more and pray more. The future is bright and beautiful, because God has made it that way. And everything, everything, turns to Him and His greatness. Try becoming unplugged, and shift your focus. And spread the light. Because this Love Story, needs to be told.

~Sophie








 

No comments:

Post a Comment