Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happiness and Learning

Keys to Happiness:

Just remember these things;
 1. Ben and Jerry's ice cream is your best friend.
2. Distractions, and keeping busy helps so much. It wont work 100% of the time because obviously there will be times when you're by yourself and memories will sink it. But try keeping busy, drawing, singing, hanging out with people, do what you can. And think positively as often as you can.
3. Hang tight to His Word and love. if you're down about it, remember God's holding your tears. Let Him comfort you, even if you dont want to be comforted. Tell Him whats wrong even though He already knows it. (It helps with me) and oh!
 Number 4. Music. Of course, avoid songs that remind you of things or people that get you down and reopen wounds that are trying to heal. But surround yourself in songs that make you feel better. Maybe a song of your youth that you know every word to, or a song that you can belt out at the top of your lungs that makes you feel better. or even a sad song to remind you, other people have been there. And they've made it out alive too. Keep the music playing though, its good medicine.
 5. Its okay to cry. Crying isn't weakness. Crying is human. And sometimes we stop the tears because we dont like feeling weak. But it isnt weakness, and it does actually help. As long as you can remember to pick yourself up after you're done crying. However, sometimes a good long cry is needed.
6. Long Showers and a good cup of tea and your favorite book/movie/ tv show. That combination always makes me feel slightly better.
7. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here. Sometimes talking is worse, but sometimes it helps. So if there's anything you ever need to say, just know ill understand and be there for you. Its sometimes hard to talk to people who you cant relate to or who dont care, but I care and if I dont relate, ill at least understand. But dont talk if it just makes you feel worse. Just do what you feel like you need to do. I don't know who is reading this, but bottom line is: My words and ears are for everyone who needs them. It's not just specific people or friends. Honestly, sometimes people need strangers to tell their problems to. Because strangers don't always judge and they don't know the people involved in the situation.But a close friend is also needed sometimes. And sometimes any friend that is willing to listen, is all someone needs. So whoever you are, a close friend, an ordinary friend, an aquaintence, a stranger, I am here when noone else is. I know sometimes people feel alone and without a humanely friend to talk to, so I am saying this so that it may never be the case with you. So you'll always have an option. But just know, I can't fix wounds like God can. So I am by no means a substitute or going to be able to fix everything or maybe not anything. But I can always offer up an encouraging word, a hug, my ears, my trust, my time, and my prayers.
8. Count your blessings! It actually really does help. Make a list of things you appreciate and/or thankful for, and it brightens you up. Perspective is a lovely key to a happy mind.
9. Get inspired. By blogs, pictures, people, it helps.


I know there are more things to do and more ways to be happy, but I have yet to discover all of them. But sometimes just keeping your eye out for them and discovering them yourself, is a good way to make yourself happy. You won't be happy 100% of the time, but its these little things that help make it bearable. And help you get on the road to being alright. I wrote this list for a dear friend of mine. And then I realized that I should share it with others too. Because someone somewhere may need to hear this too.





I always feel like a blog is missing something if it doesn't have pictures. So even if its just four small ones, I thought they were important to include. I also have one more list that I thought was cute and I thought could impact people. I didn't come up with it this time. Just sharing it.

I'VE LEARNED...

that when you're in love it shows.
I've learned...that just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day.
I've learned...that having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful
feelings in the world.
I've learned...that being kind is more important than being right.
I've learned...that you should never say no to a gift from a child.
I've learned...that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help
him in some other way.
I've learned...that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a
friend to act goofy with.
I've learned...that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to
understand.
I've learned...that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
I've learned...that money doesn't buy class.
I've learned...that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
I've learned...that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated
and loved.
I've learned...that the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
I've learned...that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
I've learned...that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that
person continue to hurt you.
I've learned...that love, not time, heals all wounds.
I've learned...that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with
people smarter than I am.
I've learned...that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
I've learned...that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
I've learned...that life is tough, but I am tougher.
I've learned...that opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
I've learned...that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
I've learned...that one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he
may have to eat them.
I've learned...that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
I've learned...that I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.
I've learned...that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness
and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
I've learned...that it is best to give advice in only two circumstances: when it is
requested and when it is a life-threatening situation.
I've learned...that the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

This list helped me learn. I hope it helps you too. This was long, but I hope it helped. Because if it helped, then it didnt go to waste.

                                          Love,
                                    Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment