Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Use Me

Sometimes I feel like I don't add up or measure up in life. I feel like I can always do more, or be more. I feel like I'm an average girl with not much to my name sometimes. I look around and see extraordinary people and I want others to see me as that. I want my words to matter and impact people. But something i realized is that I wont always add up or measure up in life. Because life's expectations are crazy and impossible to meet. I just need to meet God's standards. And all He asks for us is to trust and believe in Him. We are already beautiful, because He made us. And His handiwork is nothing less than beautiful. We are something extraordinary if we are His follower. We are of worth and our words can impact. But they won't if we keep silent. Sometimes I think I am boring. And i think people get tired of me. But then I realize that sometimes its not about having the right words or most funniest words or even having to speak the most words. As long as you are kind, gentle, humble, and a good listener, it's not always about being the most extraordinary or loud or bold person. You don't have to say a lot. You don't have to be outgoing. And if people don't like you or think you to be boring, it doesn't matter what they think. It matters what God thinks. And my personality doesn't have to be eccentric. As long as I am aiming for attributes and qualities that are God-like, that is all that matters. And I don't need to measure up in the world. I don't need to be the most pretty or the most popular. I don't need fans or followers to make me feel okay. I just need to be who God wants me to be and do what He wants me to do, and I will be beautiful if I do that no matter what people say or think. So, Lord, Use Me. I am your clay. Mold me. Form me. Make me into something beautiful. And remember that... all you who struggle with insecurities and doubts and harsh words and thoughts. You're beautiful and you matter. Don't focus on people, focus on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment