Monday, February 25, 2013
The Truth of the Matter
The truth of the matter is that I have a lot of thoughts going on right now, so I suppose I'll share them. :)
1. My weekend was superb. On Friday I went to the Titanic Artifact Exhibit, which many of you sounded interested in! It was interesting and I couldn't take pictures inside the exhibit but I was able to take a picture of something I found pretty cool from the experience. I want to go in depth about it because I heard remarkable stories and facts that I want to share so I decided to save that for a whole seperate post instead of cramming it into this one. So, tune in tomorow to hear more about it;) lol. After the exhibit though, me and my family walked around DownTown St.Pete until we found a cute place to eat called Midtown something or other. It had delicious food and an old jukebox inside it.
2. I got to see Finding Neverland(starring Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!! and Kate Winslet). It's about the life of J.M Barrie and honestly, it's one of my favorite movies now. First off, most of the plot was highly accurate and on the ball regarding the life of J.M Barrie(the author of Peter Pan). And J.M Barrie himself is a remarkable person with a remarkable story. If you're interested, I can share with you his life story if you want to hear it? But not only this, but Johnny Depp is amazing and the movie is clever, cute, and well put together. I love it.
3. On Saturday, I FINALLY got to see Perks of Being a Wallflower. It was also highly amazing. The actors/actresses were perfeeeect. And I got to hang out with my friends Nora and Natalie.We went on an impromptu adventure to the grocery store, picked up ingredients to make homemade ButterBeer and made some and used twigs as wands and pretended to use some of the spells from Harry Potter.(Like Expelliarmus, or Accio, etc.) It was a lovely evening.
4. I watched the Oscars and saw the Les Miserables cast blow it out of the park with their musical number.
5. I saw the Dead Poet's Society and that movie inspires me so much. It's a beautiful movie, you should see it. Now.
6. I have realized, that I have so many loves and passions and I'm pretty much a total fangirl. I just love all of these books and movies so much and it's really fascinating the lessons you can learn from them and the emotions you feel. I could rant for ages about these movies because they are THAT impactful. It is crazy though. I mean I LOVE Lord of the Rings. I LOVE Les Miserables. I LOVE the Twilight series even. I LOVE Harry Potter. I LOVE Perks of Being a Wallflower. I LOVE Disney. I don't get how I can love so many of them all at once. But I do!
7. Okay. Some of those Oscar dresses! REALLY. I mean... really. How come they get such gorgeous dresses?
8. I realized the importance of having adventures and seizing the day. Carpe Diem. Honestly, I'm realizing that one should always have at least one adventure a day. I'm not saying I always have one adventure a day, but I should. It makes the day more eventful. But I've definitely been working on my adventureness. Like for instance, I got impromptu marshmellows for the heck of it the other day. Sometimes you need to do small, little things for yourself (like buying marshmellows) or with your friends(like making butterbeer and twig wands) and taking pictures of it. Recording it for keepsakes. I think it's very important to dream and makes the dreams come true by having adventures. I think it's important to create memories. I think it's important to Seize the Day.
These are the truths of the matters.
Thats been this weekend.
How was your weekend?
What's in your mind?
What's in your wallet?
(Just kidding, I don't really care for an answer for the last Q.)
Also, it's midnight when I'm writing this and I'm tired and this post is a bit hectic and One Day More is playing in my head right now.