Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Whisper to me peace

Breathe into my soul peace, Oh Lord.
Tonight as I stood in a hipster brick walled, candle surrounded, and scintillating light strung up room,
I was told to own where I am.
I was told that I was here and there's nothing to change that if that's where God wants me to be, so live in that.
Own it.
And as we worshipped God in the downtown of a small country area, I felt truth resonating in me.
Who would have thought that I'd be here senior year?
I didn't. And I didn't want to be.
But God does and I am here.
So, I'm owning it.
I'm seeing the opportunities for me here, and I'm going to take them.
I'm going to live for the now because that's how it should be.
I'm not back at Clearwater Christian and I'm not graduated and figuring out my career yet.
I'm in the now so that's where and what I should be focusing on.

My sister gave me a card with a quote for me to read on my first day here.
I had heard the quote and I like the quote.
It says;

"Wherever you are, be all there."
-- Jim Eliot

I like the quote and I agreed with the quote and thought I was "being all there".
I mean I was totally up for the adventure.
Until the adventure seemed rocky.
Then I was thinking, the quote just meant to be all there if the atmosphere was good and Christ centered.
Yes be all there, unless where you are isn't what you thought it should be.
Where you want to be.

No, I understand now.
It doesn't mean being here physically and holding on until I graduate.
It means owning where I am and trying to use my time here for the best that I can and to serve God how I am supposed to serve Him here. Because He did place me here and this is where I am supposed to be.

Of course I shouldn't follow the secular ways of the school here.
But I do need to be here mentally and spiritually here.
I need to embrace my time here and do what I am called to do here.
I shouldn't just be waiting for the future and mourning the past.
I need to own the time I have here.

1 comment:

  1. This was so encouraging! I've been praying for you, girl. :) I loved this little cluster of lines in particular:

    "It means owning where I am and trying to use my time here for the best that I can and to serve God how I am supposed to serve Him here. Because He did place me here and this is where I am supposed to be."

    We have a mission every single day. I often look forward to the future when I have a *glorious* man in my life, but that's wasting the singleness and time God has given me for the NOW. I love you! Keep fighting strong and bright.

    ReplyDelete