Wednesday, September 23, 2015

"For all the history of grief, an empty hallway and a maple leaf"

It's officially Fall. So what's better than finding a book in the library and reading a book of poetry? I understand now why a lot of poets like to write about nature. Nature is something beautiful and calming. In a rushing world full of people and cars and media, one can easily forget the beauty of getting lost in nature. There's simplicity in enjoying little breezes and stepping away from the loud world. I hope you were a poet for a day and enjoyed this Fall day and experienced it and then write about it, because why not? I just hope you didn't spend the first day of Fall inside. Please don't.

I spent the rest of my Fall evening wearing plaid, decorating Starbucks Fall cups for a contest, and sipping an infamous PSL with my lovely chicas and we were a bit hyped on Fall and coffee. It was perfect. And we rolled down the street with the windows open, tasting the wind, and feeling free spirited to a Bible study where we made friends and experienced joy and worshiped the Lord. It was a good day.

I can already tell as my spirits are lifting higher and higher,
it will be a good Fall.

"and all at once, summer collapsed into Fall"
-- Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment