Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Winter

It's winter, my dear.

Winter.
Where the trees shed their leaves because they are tired of attachments.

Winter.
Where pine trees decide they need ornaments to be companions to their needles.

Winter.
Where fires often burn to shed light and warmth on those who have comfy souls and frozen feet.

Winter.
Where friends meet with friends and families become tighter and peace slithers in like a blanket.

Winter.
Where the cold makes you wear sweaters that feel like hugs.

Winter.
Where adventures seem possible around every corner, every bend.

Winter.
Where North Carolina woods call me home and cabin nights and tea keep my soul company.

Winter.
Where long windy walks are so wonderful in comparison to hot sticky summer walks.

Winter.
Where Christmas lights shine like the gleam of the eye of a child.

Winter.
Decembers.
Coffees.
Love.
Giving.
Wonders.

I love it all.

Winter always gives me a new appreciation, a new awakening, for life.

Maybe because it's where life truly started. Yes, I know people were "living" before Jesus was born but they couldn't have been really living. Not without the love and hope that the Savior brought us. It's nice to reflect on that. It's nice to appreciate where our lives truly started. Where hope came alive.
Where joy came in.
 
 In a stable, in a manger.

It's the beautiful, quietness, peace of this all that soothes my soul.
 
Decembers will always be beautiful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment