Sunday, October 25, 2015

Homesick

As I drink my cup of tea and study for a test tomorrow,
I just feel really homesick.
Today was my church's annual hallelujah festival.

It always consists of hayrides, candy, and volleyball.

And I was here in the middle of nowhere (a.k.a lake wales).
Doing basically nothing.
And I miss home.

I miss church, I miss my dog, I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss home cooked meals that are sufficient and fulfilling (besides just good) instead of questionable meat and a few french fries, and I miss my bed and my own room and being close to a dunkin donuts and just my life there. I really miss it. I thought the weekend would be nice to relax. And it was. But it was also very lonely. I like tv shows, but even the tv shows I like I'd rather watch with my family and friends than by myself all day. And I'd rather do my homework after being busy doing fun things with my family.

This may seem like a rant post, and I suppose it is.

I don't hate it here. But I hate feeling lonely and homesick. And I feel that right now.

And I suppose it's a bit selfish in a way. I'm lucky to get see them on certain weekends and I can go one weekend without a lot of human interaction and comforts of family and friends and home.

I can.

But this also makes me realize how lucky I am and how much I miss it.


1 comment:

  1. If there's anything good to take away from your homesickness, it's this - you are blessed to have things to miss. You miss because you love. You love because you feel. And those are all beautiful things. Things that some people cannot boast of.
    I'm praying for you <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete