Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Old and the New

Today was another day of adventures and possibility and dreams and mysteries. The whole future is a dear mystery and the past is a lovely story no matter the bruises and heartache intricately woven in it. Today, my friends and I looked at each other's past pictures and videos. It was weird seeing pieces of them and memories they held that I've never seen before and can only touch and see from a distance. I don't know and can't know what memories were attached to those photos or feelings they felt. But there's something beautiful in seeing a person and pieces of their past that molded them into who they are today. When I look back upon old pictures and videos, I taste the bittersweet juice in my mouth but I also can't help but feel the surge of adventure and excitement of the whole lot of life I have left to live. It's a beautiful gift and a beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment