Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A girl can- and should- dream

It's talking about going to the observation deck at the airport and watch airplanes take off while eating buckets of chicken as the breezes caress and flip our hair in every which way.

It's talking about going to Ihop for pancakes at 2 am since it's open 24 hours and tasting those delicate fluffy beasts and sipping coffee that will burn your tongue if you don't sip it fast enough.

It's the small things talked about with friends that may or may not come true but are fun to imagine and dream about.

I don't know, there are so many good things about this life. So many adventures I want to have. But so many I probably won't get the chance to do in my life. But that's okay, because sometimes just dreaming about it is good enough for me.

Yesterday wasn't so bad. I had three cups of coffee. I quoted youtube videos with my friends. I read and discussed a creepy poem in class. I ate chocolate covered strawberries. I wrote a narrative paper. I took a walk to clear my head and the clouds covered the stars. But then I took a walk with my friend and suddenly the clouds disappeared and I saw the stars shining down on me. The funny thing is, this isn't a metaphor. The clouds really did disappear when I walked with my friend. But at the same time it did mirror how I felt. I needed to clear my head which is why I went for a walk, but it did seem lonely instead of pleasant. However, when I walked and talked with my friend everything seemed okay and the stars agreed with me I guess. Then we played a game with a good group of people. A group of people that sing songs with me when random songs pop into my head. People that are on the same level of crazy as me.

I always kind of felt like I would never find people who got me. I spent a good portion of my highschool years trying to find more than one person who would get me and not think I was weird and who would mirror my awkwardness. But now, I found people without looking for them and it feels nice and it feels right. Finding people with the same ideas as you. Who see things the way you do. It's nice.

Now I am sitting here writing and listening to Transatlanticism and I found this awesome verse; 
"He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." -- Colossians 1:13-14 and I'm so filled with love right now.



Long rambling story short: dream, appreciate, hold tight to the good in life, and love.

1 comment:

  1. "I don't know, there are so many good things about this life. So many adventures I want to have. But so many I probably won't get the chance to do in my life. But that's okay, because sometimes just dreaming about it is good enough for me."

    There is so much I love about that. Really, there is so much I love about this whole post. :) And I know, it is nice to come across souls that "get you". I find more and more kindred spirits each year and it blows me away. I can be completely myself and there are these people--they not only accept me for my quirks and dreams and ink blots stained inside my heart, they love me more *for* them. These are the ones we need to keep close.

    I hope you're having a lovely day, Sophie! Thank you, this post made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete