Monday, February 9, 2015

Misty Mountains and the Mondayiest Monday of Them All

If there was ever a day in my life that looked most like a Monday,
I feel like today would be it.
 
It started with getting up at 7 am,
then it proceeded with the promise of pancakes and the smell of disappointment when it was just eggs,
then came a long my 8 o'clock class.
Proceeding that was a nap.
Then lunch time where my knife fell into a bottomless pit of nacho dip.
Then it was manning a fundraiser for an hour and a half, while the rain poured down and my eyes drooped as nobody bought anything and I was just tired and still sick and wanting to sleep for hours on end.
Then more classes and another nap.
 
Oh, and, more rain.
 
It was just a Monday.
But it's not too bad.
 Because then there was chickfila coffee and a chocolate chip cookie.
It was homework with friends.
And now it's snuggling up in my blanket with only my red and white lights around the bed on and listening to Misty Mountains and blogging.
 
So, it's okay.
 
Because even though the rain can look like a Monday, it can also cure a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment