Thursday, January 22, 2015

There's a Lot to do/ A Lot to Learn in this here Life

“Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
 
-- Romans 3:13
 
I want my throat to only praise you Lord,
my mind to only think of You and be Heaven minded,
my actions to reach out and be filled with a cup of kindness and love.
 
I want boldness to rush through my veins,
my love for you to be evident,
my life to be yours.
 
But all the things I want, I rarely do or act upon.
And it's all in my hands and my choices.
I can do any of that when I wholly give myself to you,
but I don't do that as often as I want to.
 
Lord, please help me.
There's a lot to do and a lot to learn in this here life.
Please show me the way and prepare my heart.
Please help me to love you more.
 
It's a constant struggle, but not one that we can't overcome when we really have Heaven oriented minds and heaven oriented hearts and God centered lives.
 
It's worth the struggle.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, Sophie. :) You're very good at letting people see your thoughts and prayers. It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete