Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Homes

The warmth of the breath coming out of the horse's nostrils in the mountains when I was freezing.
The warmth of the fireplace and the taste of the raspberry hot chocolate which tasted and felt like winter.
The shops with window displays of snow and snowmen and Merry Christmas written on them all.
The woods.

It's funny how when you are in a place, you don't realize how much you'll miss it until it's gone.
It's funny how even when you're in a place you love, you can miss another place you love as well.
I'm home and I miss the North Carolina nature and weather.
In North Carolina, I missed the smell of home and the comfort of my own bed and snuggling my dog.

I suppose one day I'll be truly home though and I won't be missing any of this at all.

What a wonderful day that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment