Tuesday, November 4, 2014

In His Timing

Today was a good day.
It was an interesting day, but it was a good day.

It wasn't a day of much consequence. I went to classes, ate lunch, had a delicious decadent brownie, came back to my room, worked on homework, drank orange spice tea, and watched Harry Potter. Then I went to dinner and came back and listened to good music.

I had enjoyable conversations with enjoyable friends.

And it was good.

But I've been feeling alright. Sometimes I am totally okay and love hearing/ watching cute couples, and other times, it makes me want to cry.

I know my time will come, all in God's timing, but sometimes I just yearn for what they have. There is a ton of beauty in singleness and having your heart be totally invested in God, but some days are harder than others. Sometimes you want a partner who can uplift and encourage you and your growth in the Lord. I know one day I'll get that and I also know this is just a wave of feelings that will probably pass soon and I'll forget that I was yearning for that. It's just on my mind though, although I don't know why. I'm just struggling with thoughts and wishes and wants. I want my heart to be in the right place.
That's all.

I want to be content waiting and living in God's perfect plan.
In His timing, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment