Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Courage, Dear Heart

To say the beginning of this week was a bit emotional would be kind of an understatement.


But to say it was good, would also be an understatement.


This week was so many things to me. It was hard work, coffee, laughter (lots of it), adventures (lots of them), spontaneity (lots of it), airsoft, so much studying, test taking, testimony writing, skit rehearsing, bike riding, late night checkers run, casually fabulousness, life, learning of people's stories (the stuff that counts and matters, the things woven into their soul), a lot of resistance but not a lot of giving in. It was good. Really good.


Today, our drama team got to go to a highschool and I, a long with two other people, did get to share our testimony. It was not fun, by any means. It's nerve wracking and you hate to say the words coming out of your mouth... but you have to. And it helps people, it really does. After our presentation, I had a girl come up to me and give me 5 hugs and tell me how I impacted her and made a difference in her life and how she was struggling with the same things I used to and that I made her day. That was extremely rewarding. I'm thankful to God that I got to impact her and that I was able to know I impacted her. That doesn't always happen. I got chills, and I keep getting them throughout this day when I think about it.


The skit went really well too and I'm just so thankful for the group of friends I have and that God has blessed me with. It was a tough week, but a beautiful one.


Oh, and it's only Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment