Friday, June 29, 2012

To The HeartBroken

I know... this makes post number 2 today. However, i felt like my first one was really lame. Therefore, you get two. This post is dedicated to the heart broken( I bet the title didn't give it away :P ) and I decided to write this because it seems like a lot of my friends recently are experiencing this well known and very familiar emotion. It's common these days. :P I thought I'd share it with you guys and hope it brings you some comfort if you are experiencing it too.

The tears stain your face,
Another heart to be sown back into two.
You finally start to understand the word heartache,
Sadly, in the end, we all eventually do.

And we'll get battered and bruised,
Discarded, tried, and used.
It won't be something that you'll get used to,
And hopefully you won't ever have to.

And lessons will be learned on its way.
You'll learn how to not let your rope fray.
You won't lose sight of the beauty in each day,
And you'll dig yourself out of the grave in which the heartbroken lay.

You'll fall down a time or two more,
But wait till you see what's in store.
God's got a perfect plan for you,
And He'll repair every broken bone and sinew.

Just keep your head high when the waters come up,
You might surprise yourself when you find yourself still standing.
Don't let them take you under,
You have the bravery to stick the landing.

Times are tough,
And hearts hurt.
But every tear will be wiped away,
And every grain of dirt.

Now, I don't think this is one of my best pieces of writing. But I don't hate it either. Let me know what you think please. I like feedback. :) Hope you all have a fantastic night.

                                                          Love From Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment