Thursday, August 11, 2016

Why Children Are So Great

Okay, so working at a preschool again and working in a ministry that involves kids,
it just makes me really appreciate them.

I think one reason is just because they are completely honest.

I think it's harder for adults to be honest because they have so much they don't want others to know and they also try to adapt so that people will like them better.

Kids are unfiltered and honest but I like that.

Another reason is that kids are 1. so loving and 2. aren't afraid of showing that they want love back

If they want to be held or comforted, a lot of times they'll go up to you and extend their arms and even if they can't talk, you know what they are asking for.

They want to be loved so they give you a sign that they want to be loved.

I really love knowing how to love these kids and showing them that I love them and in return, I feel loved by them too.

I feel like teenagers and adults want to be loved too but it's harder for them to express it. It's probably because they have been hurt or haven't been loved like they should of. So, they don't ask and they close their self off and even if you want to show them that you care about them and love them, sometimes it is harder to because they won't let you.

It's not as easy as holding them or hugging them when they extend their arms out to you because more often than not, they won't extend their arms.

They will try to be tough and strong.

Even though wanting love is not a weakness.

Just something I've been thinking about.

Don't get me wrong, I love teenagers and adults too, but it's harder to have them let you love them and it's harder for them to be unapologetically honest and themselves and I don't always know how to break their walls.


No comments:

Post a Comment