Thursday, April 23, 2015

When it rains it pours...

Ironic how a drama filled, cloudy day happened to be literally a rainy and gloomy one.
There's a lot going on at college and maybe it's the end of the semester, but I definitely know it's taken it's toll on everyone.
Thankfully God is strong in our weakest hours.
This verse has just been resounding beautifully in my ears;
 
"But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.”
--Romans 10:21
 
 
Whenever I had read this verse in the past, I always focused on how bad it was that the people of Israel were disobedient. What I didn't focus on was how even though God knew Israel was going to be disobedient and contrary, He still held out His hands all day long to them. Not just after they repented and turned to them. Not just momentarily to see if they would take His hands and then when they didn't, He didn't put His hands down. He held out His hands all day long to them. You know, He does that to you and me too. We're disobedient people too. We don't always do what we're supposed to. However, God still reaches His hands to us in spite of it all. In spite of whether we're remorseful or not His hands will still reach for us. He longs for us to turn to Him. When I read this verse now, I just can't help but feel love in my heart, and be overwhelmed by how wonderful He is and have the urge to just obey and love Him more.
 
The Bible can turn anything bad into good.
Maybe this day wasn't a perfect day, but it still was beautiful and God is still good and there won't be any perfect days until I get to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment