Friday, April 17, 2015

Shake off the Dust

I won't ask you for advice,
you already hurt me twice.
I'm not a back-up plan.
And you're not my biggest fan.
So let the wind blow us where we need to be.
It's the only way we can be free.
No need to act like everything is perfectly fine,
I have read and seen the warning signs.
So let the windows break,
Take off the mask that's fake,
and let fate be fate.
I'm not mad, but I'm also not blind,
Let's move forward and leave the past behind.
Let's move forward and leave the past behind.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. This really gets me. I'm totally picturing someone in my life right now that I wish I could say these things to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially... "I won't ask you for advice,
    you already hurt me twice.
    I'm not a back-up plan.
    And you're not my biggest fan."

    ReplyDelete