Thursday, April 2, 2015

Books

I just want to take this moment to appreciate my two favorite book characters:
Elizabeth Darcy and Jo March.

I'm not a feminist in the sense of valuing woman's rights more than men's rights and I actually believe women have certain roles just as men do but I absolutely love these women's personalities. I love their quick and witty minds, the fact that they do have a mind of their own and aren't afraid to speak up for what they think is right or wrong. They are strong characters and they are quite able to hold their own. I love their knack for adventure, walks, and reading of books. Their love for traveling and sights. I love Jo's writer mind and how she acts out and writes plays for her sisters. I love both of their loves for their sisters. Now, I believe they both have their faults too. But this makes them more real and human to me. Elizabeth does have her pride to work on, and Jo has a hot temper and needs to work on forgiveness throughout the book. But, overall, these characters are commendable to me and intrigue me. Having their mistakes written out reminds me to learn from theirs and watch out for my own and all the characteristics I enjoy from them, I can also take in and learn and aspire to be like. Why am I writing about these characters? Because if you haven't read or watched these books (Pride and Prejudice and Little Women), I urge you too. Maybe you disagree and don't find these characters to be your favorite. That's okay. I want people to form their own opinions and you can't judge until you've read and seen those books and movies for your ownself. And if you have read or seen them, kudos to you! I hope you enjoyed them as much as I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment