Thursday, September 5, 2013

Because Life is Short and My Dreams Are Big

I know you can't do everything on earth. It's not possible.
But I really want to.
Ok, well maybe not everything.

But I do know that I have very big dreams, and very big dreams usually don't come true.
I know that while I'm here I want to live radiantly and vibrantly.
I know that I want to create and speak and write and never stop.
But I want to do that for people.
Not just me.

I want to be a filmmaker, one of those who makes movie shorts that people think about afterword.

I want to be a writer, one who's pieces of writings gets quoted because people think it means so much. Or they simply love how the words feel on their tongue.

I want to be a photographer, one who captures beautiful things like Love in a single photograph. Where people can look at it and go; "Wow that's love right there and I want that." Or maybe something deeper like sorrow. Sorrow for someone going off to war. Sorrow of a loved one that passed away. I want to be able to photograph words you can't express. Like sorrow and love. Things you don't always have to talk about to get.

I want to be an artist, one who creates concepts and draws life in vivid colors and different perspectives that no ordinary person sees or would think to create. A picture that is so patiently crafted and so differently drawn out that it makes you just stop and stare and appreciate the subject matter of the photo. It makes you really look, not just see.

I want to be a dancer, one who you can see every emotion on the emotion pallet painted in every single dance she dances. I want to be the one who can dance out what I feel and have it look beautiful and breathtaking and effortless.

I want to influence. I want to create. I want to not sit here stagnant waiting for something to magically happen. I want to show people, I want to show them life. But I don't know how.
I don't know how to get out there and do it. 

But I want to.
 Believe me, I do.
And maybe one day I will.
Maybe my hard work will pay off and I'll find a way to share my creations far and wide.
Maybe I'll be able to influence others.


But in all my hopes and dreams and wants and influences, I don't want it to just be about me.
I want my creations to glorify God.
My talents, my gifts, my everything, to glorify God.
I hope I do that.

3 comments:

  1. i hope you do that too, and i wish there were more people out there like you who wanted to do all of those wonderful things. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem :)

    I feel me when I read these beautiful words.Thanks for sharing Sophie
    "But in all my hopes and dreams and wants and influences, I don't want it to just be about me.
    I want my creations to glorify God.
    My talents, my gifts, my everything, to glorify God." I needed this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh....I want to too Soph, I reeeeeally do! I'd like to be a flowing stream rather than a stagnant pond. (That's an especially good metaphor!)
    I mean really, reading through this I was going "yes, me too! Yep that too! My hopes exactly!" Wellsey, except for film making and dancing; film just ain't my style and i usually only dance in the kitchen! ;D

    I likes this post much. ♡

    Xx -Jenny

    ReplyDelete