Thursday, June 2, 2016

Remember and Smile

Remember the time that the rainstorm let you fall into a steady sleep where you woke up with dreams instead of nightmares?

Remember the time that the faint crackling of a fire and the smell of burnt wood and the sight of the sparks and embers made you feel okay again?

Remember the time that the ocean waves lapped against the shore and cradled the vast variety of different colored sea shells while the sun turned a vibrant shade of orange and crawled back into it's secret cave as the night time sky came to greet you?

Remember the time that the mountain air filled your lungs and cleared your mind as you gazed at these tall, and forever climbing high to the sky hills and remembered how alive you felt when you remembered that your troubles were so small in comparison and that you were limitless?

Just remember.

Remember the moments that make you smile.

Because there are so many moments to smile at.

There are songs and books and people and coffee and waffles and dogs and characters and nature and stories and life is peeking around the bend all around us. 

I don't know. I felt really down last night and I still feel a bit heavy hearted but I am trying to take the time to go back and pull out memories of things I have loved and loved doing. Things I do love. Times I have loved. 

And the One who IS love. 

"Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live."
--Psalm 116:2

No comments:

Post a Comment