Monday, June 6, 2016

Acting

Have I ever told you how much I love acting?
I love it so much.
I have acted ever since I was a young child.
Not professionally or anything.
But when I was younger I was apart of a home school choir and drama club and I made home videos and I wrote my own scripts and acted out the parts.
Then I was in a church adapted play of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever".
I also was in an adapted kid's version of Grease in which I played the role of Jan.
When I was in college I joined Drama Club and I participated in the Everything skit at a highschool and I got to be the main lead.

All the times before that, I had a blast because, as I said, I love to act.

But that moment... after I had finished the skit... I don't know. I think that was the moment when I truly was able to admire what I had been doing because I got to do the one thing that I always liked about my favorite movie actors. I got to impact people with the role I portrayed. I had kids coming up to me who could relate to the girl I portrayed and that was what I liked about it. I had a kid coming up and hugging me. That's when I knew I did my job right. Because people got it. They connected with the character like I had. And that's a beautiful thing.

Since that year of drama club, the next one I got to be a part of an improv show which was totally different than the skit I did. The skit I did was a serious and emotional one. The improv show's goal was to make the audience laugh and enjoy their time.It was neat because it stretched me in a different way. It showed me how to think off the top of my head and even if it seemed ridiculous, just to go with it. I think that was another key moment was when I was able to make people laugh even though I felt like I wasn't being all that funny. That connection is such a beautiful thing. I had people come up to me and say that they didn't know I could be that funny and outgoing. Because the thing is, sometimes I can be quiet and reserved with people I don't know. But when you're out there performing, I feel at home. I feel comfortable and okay to be myself. It's a wonderful feeling.


Now that college is done, I'm somewhat sad because I don't know when I'll get the chance to act again.
And I love it so much.
One of the dreams of mine (that I know seems pretty impossible) is to star in a movie someday.
I don't know how you'd even get there though.
And I know it'd be even harder because I have standards.
I think the only way I could go is in Christian acting/movies.
But even so, I don't even know how I'd get there.
I also don't think I'd have enough experience to get there.

But tonight I'm missing acting and drama is actually a big part of me because it's one of my passions so I thought I'd open up about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment