Tuesday, March 15, 2016

At least I'm pretty, right?

so i covered up my scars with foundation
am i pretty now?
i wore that red lipstick you told me you liked
am i desirable now?
am i wanted now?
am i loved now?
my temper is short
i keep records of your wrongs
i am envious
i judge people everyday
i don’t reach out to those in help
i look down on those who do not meet the world’s standards like i did
but i wore my new high heels
and i painted my eyelids with colors
so am i good now?
so am i valuable now?
am i liked now?
am i worth your attention now?
because you didn’t hear what i had to say yesterday
you couldn’t look me in the eye yesterday
you didn’t know i existed yesterday
but i got your attention now…
you don’t appreciate my soul
you don’t know my hard to hear secrets
you don’t want to get to know my family
you don’t know that i struggle with lonliness
that i love dogs
that i will always sing to les miserables
but that’s not what love is about though
and
i shouldn’t care because i am worth your attention now
because
i’m
pretty
and
that’s
all
that
matters
right?
that’s
all
you
need
to
know
right?
that’s
all
i
need
to
be
right?
if i am more
who cares?
if i am less?
who cares?
at
least
i’m
pretty
right?

No comments:

Post a Comment