Sunday, January 3, 2016

Magic

This past week felt magical really.
I'm going to touch on things I did not get to catch you up on.
Besides my Tuesday of train rides, christmas tree maple latte, snow, christmas lit shops and snow,
there was more magic.
Wednesday was full of more snow, a sleigh ride with Sam and Sunny pulling us and free hot chocolate and a fleece blanket to warm us. 
It had more coffee, more lit shop walks, more snow.
I also watched "The Holiday Inn" for the first time.
It's a classy movie with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire and song and dance.
It was fun. 
New year's Eve held breakfast at this cute charming little place called; "The Blueberry Muffin" and they id indeed have the best muffins. 
They grilled their muffins.
After that we stopped by a place called "The Christmas Loft" where I saw the most christmas decorations and ornaments I have ever seen in my life as well as some creepy/fascinating animatronics and talking trees and cows.
Then we headed down the "Kangamangus" scenic road and witnessed beautiful snow covered pine trees and the White Mountains with breathtaking views that looked like pictures from postcards.
After we went through that, we went to Santa's Village.
We spent the evening seeing so many christmas lights reflecting beautifully on patches of snow.
Eating free pretzels, food, donuts, and hot cocoa.
Riding christmas themed rides while it snowed some more.
And lastly, watching fireworks before we headed back to our cabin.
Friday, New Year's Day, we took it easy.
We slept in and then we headed out to follow our New Year's tradition of going out to eat oriental food on New Years.
I drank some thai tea, ate pad thai and dumplings.
Then, we stopped at some more cute shops.
Afterwards, we came back to the cabin and ate some of our snacks, played family fued, watched "A Christmas Story", made New Year's Purposes, and played deer in the headlights and went to bed.
Our last day we made our way to Manchester and stopped to eat lunch at a cute placed called "Village Kitchen" which had this grand view of the mountains.
Then we made it to our hotel in which we stayed our last night at. 
Lastly, we went and visited my best friend's house and met her family in Massachusetts and had a great wonderful evening and an authentic Lebanese meal.
Then we came back to the hotel and at 4:00 am this morning we made our way to the airport and I am now happily home but already missing the wonderful, magical week I had in a winter wonderland that I just don't get in FL.

Sadly, I didn't get to see a Moose. However, I really really like the charming appeal of New Hampshire and it's downtown areas. And I really, really like snow. It is magical. I felt like I was in Narnia for bits and pieces of the trip. I just loved it. And I miss it. But I am so thankful for the time I got to spend there.

How was your New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?
What did you all do?
I wish you all a wonderful 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment