Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday Stories

On Sunday, I may have gone to church with my friends in my unit and I may have gone swimming in a pool and dragged someone a long with me into there against her wishes and I may have gotten rained on and I may have came back and took a brief nap and I may have gone out for coffee, did some shopping and gone to the beach and pretended I was on survivor with my friend and I may have came back, had devos, and then got my hair straightened before I went to bed last night. I may have. I may have not. But I think you know whether I did or not.






It was a wonderful Sunday and sometimes I completely forget I'm at college. I always thought I'd never go to college when I was younger. I was afraid. I thought it'd be hard, and new, and that I'd much rather just stay at home. But honestly, it's not so bad. God is good. He's more than good. And I never want to lose sight of that or of Him and His greatness. Yes, there is time for fun in life. But there is also time for quiet and peace and praising and thanking and loving and serious matters and I haven't and hopefully won't ever forget that. Because it's so easy to get caught up in oneself and doing everything to please oneself. But, we're not here for that purpose. We are here to glorify God. Not ourselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment