Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Currently

Last week was not one of my better weeks. I felt very sick for the latter part of it and stressed. I will be honest, the beginning of this week seemed the same to me. I was sick most of yesterday and I had so much work to do and a big test today and I was just bundled in the opposite of comfort. Ironically, Sunday's sermon was about worry and reminding us that worry is a sin.


Needless to say, the human being I am, I started massively worrying the very next day. I know I'm not perfect and I know I will worry again, but today I felt a massive difference from yesterday. I still had homework to do and I had the test I was worrying about today, but I didn't feel as weighed down.  I woke up in a bright mood, and I have felt marvelously lightened and bright today. I don't know what made the difference, but then again, I do. It was God. I went to my classes, I enjoyed them, I went to lunch and then some of my friends and I went to Dunkin Donuts, the park, and visited the rail road tracks to study. And it felt nice. I didn't feel ferociously under pressure when I was studying or anything. I actually sipped my coffee, exchanged a few laughs with my friends, enjoyed God's beautiful nature at the unfamiliar park, and relaxed. Then I came back and tackled my presentation for tomorrow which I seemingly don't feel so worried about anymore. :) Tonight, there is a small celebration at school where you can sign up for different clubs and greeks, and there's going to be free food so I'm psyched and after that, my unit is going to Applebees to celebrate a unitemate's birthday. So, it's going to be awesome. God is so good. Always. And I know that. But sometimes I don't really let that seep in when I should. Because when things are going wrong, I don't always focus on His goodness which is what I should be doing. But I want to remember. So, I pray that next time I am tested again during the bad that I will remember deeply. Not just on the surface. Not just quoting that and knowing He is good but still moping and having a bad attitude about my small problems. I want to really focus on Him. And I want to rest in His comfort and peace. Because His arms are the best place to be wrapped in.

No comments:

Post a Comment