Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ups and Downs

Life has its ups and downs. It's that whole rollercoaster cycle type metaphor. There's nothing we can do, normally, to change the ups and downs. So instead of complaining, we should get a new perspective. I've never liked the whole black and white, optimistic or pessimistic, either or options. Sometimes, there is middle ground, There is gray, there is realism, and sometimes there are more than just two options in life. For me, I like to take on the perspective of realism. What that means to me, is I don't say that things will for sure get better and I don't say things will for sure be worse. Because you don't know. But I do know that your down is probably worse than some other people's downs but it's also not as bad as someone else's down. There's always things in life that could go better, and always things that could go worse. But it's not about your ups or downs, it's about how you react to them. Sometimes the best thing to do when things get bad, is to get thankful instead. The sun will rise tomorow, you have oxygen in your lungs, your heart is healthily beating, you are alive, there is life around every bend, there is color everywhere you look and love does exist. And the greatest love you can ever have is the love from our Savior Jesus Christ. And you don't even need to do anything to aquire His great vast unending river of love. Thats mindblowing to me. Thats enough to make me happy right now even though I have some downs in my life. His love makes me want to do what I can to show that I love Him back. If you have ever been a relationship before, think of it that way. Say your boyfriend surprises you with a heartfelt gift and demonstrated his love for you by a kind act. How would you feel? Would you just say thank-you and thats it? Or would you want to do something to show your love back? See, God doesn't force us to show our love for Him. He gives us free will which many human beings abuse at ease. However, I think the creator of the universe, my Savior who died and bled on that cross to save my faulty human sins, The one who never stops loving, forgiving, and providing, deserves our love. He deserves to be shown that.  So during the downs, don't think to yourself; "God hates me." "The world is ending." "I'm a good person, why is this happening to me?" Instead, think of all the things you do have. All the things you can do still. Think about how much He loves you. Because even if the moon doesn't shine, you never see a rainbow again, the flowers wither away and all beauty is lost and gone, there is still beauty in what He did for you and what He does for you. If you are alive, you have been given a great gift. Don't waste it. Some people don't get to have that gift as long as you do.

Revelation 21:4 ; "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

  If you have any questions, readers, feel free to ask. If you have anything to add on or share, feel free to comment and add on or share. Sorry for the long post, but I found it worth posting.
                                                    Love From Thursday,
                                                          Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment