Thursday, November 24, 2016

Cranberry Woods and Cranberry Sauce

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

My Thanksgiving consisted of usual traditions and a bit of drama.
But hey, what's a Thanksgiving without a bit of drama?
I'm just kidding.

But really when I go back to past Thanksgivings, there have been some Thanksgiving with some drama that at the time seemed big, but now are just memories to add and keep.

One was an "ex" (long story) of mine coming back in town and playing soccer on Thanksgiving in which I had no idea he'd be there and I awkwardly had to interact with.

One was  having a highschool best friend of mine come to Thanksgiving after we previously had a fight and hadn't mended things yet when she showed up for Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm not going to explain the drama that took place this Thanksgiving, but I guess I'm just saying it happens and it turns out okay anyways. My highschool best friend mended things with me after the Thanksgiving and the "ex" of mine kinda disappeared after that and I don't have to interact with him again. Also, even if I do interact with him by some odd chance in the future, I don't even really care if I do because I'm over that. It was a long time ago.

So, this will just add on to the list of a bit of drama served on Thanksgiving but it didn't ruin Thanksgiving. I still got to play annual Thanksgiving soccer with church friends and it was a fun group and we had a good time. Then my sister and I made our also traditional trip to get coffee before heading home to help out around the house, watch the Macy's Day Parade (that we had taped on TV) and we made turkey cookies. Then guests arrived and we ate the usual mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, and (of course) the beautiful, glorious turkey. It was a wonderful feast.

Then we just talked and enjoyed each other's company and when our stomachs were emptied a bit, we feasted on ginger pumpkin pie, regular pumpkin pie, chocolate chip cheesecake, and (also of course) coffee.

It was a fun night and I love Thanksgiving no matter what happens.
And alas, the holiday season is upon us.
LET'S GO CHRISTMAS.

Fa-la-la-la la-la la-la!

So how was your Thanksgiving folks!?
Do tell!

(oh p.s. I have my cranberry woods candle lit right now which is what prompted me to title this post cranberry woods and cranberry sauce because it sounded thanksgivingy and less boring than some title like; "Happy Thanksgiving".

No comments:

Post a Comment