Monday, July 25, 2016

Time Can Heal All Wounds... right?

"There are some things that time cannot mend... some hurts that go too deep... that have taken hold." -- Lord of the Rings

A lot of people say that time will mend all wounds but I tend to disagree with that statement. Even in time, there are some things that, even if it's been over a year or two, you still easily remember them and it seems like it happened just yesterday and it still hurts as if it had just happened. Time can heal a lot of things but there are some hurts that go too deep to be completely healed. Thankfully, in Heaven we won't have these hurts. But here on earth, we still feel this pain sometimes. We still have memories that we can try as hard as we can to let go of, and they may still linger and take your heart captive for a bit. So I agree with this quote as I experience this quote. But I am thankful for the hope of Christ and for the fact that I know one day I won't have to experience pain for there will be no suffering in Heaven.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
-- Revelation 21:4


I hold onto this verse because I don't know what I'd do without this promise.
I know the Devil attacks people in many different ways and this is one he's attacked me with quite often.
I feel pain very heavily and I don't know what to do when I am feeling it.
I often feel like I don't know how to deal with it.
And I feel discouraged because sometimes I feel like the pain I feel is never ending.
That's why I don't know what I'd do if I found out that the pain I feel is something I would always have with me.
I would feel so hopeless if I knew that even when I died, I would still be feeling heartache and pain and tears and facing death.

But, thankfully, God has written and promised in His Word that Heaven won't be like that.
All of that will pass away.
So, even in my darkest of nights,
I know that this pain is merely temporary.
It's hard for me to see it sometimes,
but it's true and that's what I cling to.

What do you cling to?


No comments:

Post a Comment