Monday, July 11, 2016

Florida Snow

One day I listened to music from the musical Hamilton and was pretty cool because it actually made me interested in history and it's because it brought the past to life and this is part of what makes musicals so magical. Then on a car ride home of the same day, a Florida sky was painted yellow with darkness in the clouds above and lightning struck several times but there was no thunder to be heard. The wind, however, threw leaves into the car wind shield and it stripped the trees bare while the white flowers swirled in the pavement and were thrown in the air and mixed together like snow flurries and I knew. Knew what? I knew I would never see again florida snow. So, my eyes became cameras and my mind stored this memory away and I kept the florida summer snow storm in my head because sometimes, just sometimes, it's nice to pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment