Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hold Fast

So, here I am. 
Here I am to tell you of what I did on the first day of El Salvador.
The first day, we went to the streets of El Salvador sharing the Gospel.
I gave my testimony for the second time in my life.
I encountered hardened hearted people.
I talked to people who wanted and thirsted for the truth.
But the group of people who's words really stuck with me were a group of local Salvadorians who were preaching the Gospel as well and handing out tracks too.
They told us that they admired us and how they couldn't believe we left our homes back in the States to come to El Salvador and spread the Gospel.

I get what they were saying, but I couldn't help but think that they were the brave ones.
When talking, they said they came out every Sunday to share the Gospel.
You want to know how many times I go out and share the Gospel on a weekly basis in the States?
Well, let me tell you, I don't do it.
I may have done it on occasion with a group of people, or with people who talk about religion, but I do not go out of my way to spread the Gospel weekly.
And you know why I don't?
Because I'm afraid of weird looks, and judgement from peers and people I won't even see again.

But these people, these people live in a dangerous country.
Violence and death thrive in that country.
And yet, they go out every week.
Our missionary team preach/preached the Gospel there for as short as a week and as long as a month.
We don't have to live in that dangerous country.
But they do.
We can come and share knowing that those people we'll probably not see again as we aren't staying that long of a time.
Those people do though.
They will be seen, they will be recognized and they could be in great danger for doing what they do.

And they admire us.

The missionaries who came for a week or a month but are afraid of sharing the Gospel back at home.

It was severely convicting to me.
And I want to share it with you.
Because I want you to know,
and to be aware, 

and I want you to appreciate their braveness.
And appreciate what a gift it is to openly share the Gospel here and to not take it for granted.

Don't conceal the gift you have just because you might get a weird look or offend someone.
Don't let that stop you for giving the reason for the hope within you.

You aren't in danger for your life,
And even if you were, I'd hope that I, and that you, may be able to have the strength and bravery through Christ to still talk about Him and share about what He has done.

What He has done is not a small thing here.

Sharing the Gospel and not sharing the Gospel is a huge deal.

You may have a chance at helping save a soul from eternal death and helping that soul reach eternal life.

Don't take it lightly.

And before I keep going with my adventures and musings and journey that I took and lessons learned, please let me know if you have not heard of the Gospel and if you want to talk about it. Because I'd love to talk about it with you. I'd love for you to receive the gift of eternal life by putting your trust in the Savior Jesus Christ who came to take away our sins by dying on the cross. He is my reason for living today, and I want you to experience the joy and hope that can be found through Him and Him alone.

That's what I got for day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment