Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hello, I am alive

Hey folks,
I know it's been awhile.

To tell you the truth, I've been sick for two weeks now and counting.

It started as the flu which turned into a sinus infection and now the antibiotics I'm on has kind of been messing with my stomach.

Today, though, thankfully, I've been feeling a bit better.

I think I just need to hang on until I'm finished with the antibiotics.

That all being said, I've kind of been worn out and tired and a hermit for awhile.

I've also been thinking a lot while being sick and I've got to say that I did not have the best attitude while being sick.

I kinda felt like I didn't really care about anything.
I didn't care about other people and how they were doing.
I didn't care about things I'd normally be excited for.
I just felt like a lazy blob just trying to make it through the work days and sleeping/resting when I wasn't.

I know to some degree, you do have to rest up and take care of yourself to get better.
But I guess the point is that I didn't really pay attention to other people, just myself.
And kinda just complained and was annoyed that I was sick.

I know it's probably a normal thing to go through that, but looking back I'm thinking that maybe I failed a trial of mine. Because we still have a choice with how we act when we feel crappy and I wasn't really acting very nice. I was just being self-centered and kind of making excuses because I was sick.

I don't know, I guess there's not a huge point to this except that I was not relying on God's strength very well through this sick period and I wish I could go back and change that but I can't. So, I'm just going to try to hang on and rely on God's strength through the rest of it and work on not complaining and work on caring about other people than myself no matter how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment