Monday, September 5, 2016

That is me

I don't need my life to be sweet...
I just need my life to be me.

One time I felt sad about my best friend leaving,
but I see leaves fall everyday and new ones grow and take their place.

Maybe it doesn't make it less sad,
but watching it makes me feel okay.

There are so many sights to see,
and it rained today so that felt like me.

Though it's hard to know,
which roads we'll go,
I've seen enough surprises to realize that time changes and grows and weeps and flows
and arms hug and hold
and hearts soaking in sadness can often grow cold
but I've been told
that there is always a hope
so one day when I am gray and old,
I know my soul will always stay gold.

I don't need my life to be sweet,
I just need it to be me.

You might not understand,
You might not agree,
But even so,
take a seat,
make yourself at home,
and I'll pour you a cup of tea.
Because that,
that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment