Friday, December 23, 2016

Anxiety; Let's Talk About It

So.
Something you might not know about me;
I have anxiety at times.

It's not an everyday struggle in my life,
so it's not something I really talk about.

I guess I've also never really felt like I needed to talk about it all that much.

Because there's not a whole lot to do when you get anxiety.

Because what anxiety is, is feeling anxious when you have no reason to.
It pops out of nowhere.
You feel your heart pounding like it's going to come out of your chest
and breathing feels so much harder than it really is.

At least, that's how it is for me.

Today, I was watching "It's Christmas Charlie Brown" with my family and drinking hot cocoa and all the sudden it happened.

I felt anxious.

I wasn't stressed about Christmas or felt like I needed to get something done or worried about the future or anything.

It just happened.

I don't know why it does when it does, but I got to say something.

Now, I don't wish for or am necessarily glad I get anxiety sometimes but I do have to say that I am thankful in a weird sorta way.
Every time I get anxiety, my instinct and want is to go dive into the scriptures and pray.
That's where I know I'll find comfort and rest.
Sometimes it still takes me awhile to feel at peace, but the Bible is what calms me down ultimately.

Some days I know I really need the Bible and yet I still ignore it.

However, when anxiety comes my way, I can't ignore my need for the Bible.
I don't know if that's why I get it, but it definitely reminds me of what an idiot I am for the days when I forgo the peace, wisdom, and nourishment I get from the Bible.
He's always there for me on the days I choose not to come to Him and the days I choose to come to Him.
He is faithful.

I am a human.
And I am an idiot sometimes.

I need Him everyday but I tend to forget that sometimes until reminders like anxiety attacks bring me back to Him.

So, I'm not saying there is a magic cure to anxiety.
But I am saying that there is a reason for me to be thankful for my anxiety.
And I am saying that my burdens are set free when I take them to the one who died for me.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace." -- Colossians 3:15

Let the peace of God rule in your hearts today.

I was going to make a post about Christmas and about my trip to the mountains but God had different plans for my post today.

I will write about both of those, but I'm not sure when that will be.
So, for now,
Merry Christmas!

I hope it's merry and bright and full of the joy that only comes through Christ Jesus.

The one who humbled Himself and came down to earth as a baby lying in a manger full of farm animals although He is a King and the Son of God and deserves the Highest of Praise.

May we humble ourselves this Christmas and give Him the praise He deserves and worship Him.
Pride on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment