Monday, May 29, 2017

Let's talk about love

There are two very different kind of loves but I don't think people realize how beautiful both are.
A lot of people gush and talk about romantic love and I'm sure that is really and truly beautiful too.
However, I think people underestimate how beautiful a friendship love is.

The Bible says; "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." -- Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times.
How beautiful is that?
Honestly, although sometimes I wish to feel that romantic love, I am very satisfied with having the love that bonds me and other souls together in a way I cannot describe.

I am so thankful for friendship.

That being said, I think it hurts just as much as unrequited love when a friendship ends as well.

Because although romantic love is strong, I think a true friendship love is just as strong.

Maybe I'm wrong because I've never truly experienced a romantic love like how people describe and say it is. But I truly have felt love that is deep and true when it comes to the love I have for my friends. I don't know what I would do without the friends I have and I hope to never find out.

But when I invest in a friend, I invest all the way.

I will always be there for my friends so long as I can help it.

I will weep when they weep and rejoice when they rejoice.

And I will love.
So deeply.

And sometimes this means I will get hurt.

But I've come to realize that sometimes I have no choice but to get hurt.

And in the end, it will always be worth it.

Because the love I have for my friends will always run deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment