Monday, February 8, 2016

"I have learned the secret of being content."

I need to learn a lesson from Paul.
I am not very good at being content.
I have learned this recently.
I easily get distracted by life and then upset because of life events.
But how silly is that?
One day, this mortal life I live will be no more.
These tears, this pain, all gone.
And I will have wasted precious moments being upset instead of content with what the Lord has done for me.
And without doing all things through Christ who has strengthened me.
Lately, I have been battling my own mind.
It's been a bit rough.
Self-pity and doubt has been filling my mind.
And I have let stupid guys dictate how I feel about myself.
Dictate whether or not I am worth something.
I feel stupid for doing that.
It's all in my head anyways.
It's whatever I perceive things to be.
And that's what kills me.
It's not the situations I go through that makes me discontented.
It's letting my mind make me discontented.
Paul learned the secret to being content in whatever the circumstance.
And I want to re-learn that lesson, over and over again.
Each day I want to wake up, content with the path I am walking on,
with praise on my lips, God guiding my way, and strength that only comes from the Lord.

What a fickle, weak, human I am when I try to do life by myself.
Thankfully, we don't have to do life by ourselves.
I want to measure my worth and value in what God thinks of me.
And I want to erase the lies filling my head.
I want to act out the secret of being content.
If you struggle with this too,
I urge you to read Philippians 4:11-13.

It won't let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment