Thursday, July 19, 2012

Awakened

Have you ever needed an Awakening? Where things just weren't adding up in life and you needed to be awakened and reminded of something great. Well, I've been awakened today. I'll be honest, that lately I have been more saddened by life and it's problems than I usually am. Sometimes they pile and its hard to not get buried underneath by them. But its not impossible to pull yourself back on top of it. I have not had my focus straight these past few days. I have been reading God's Word and learning and knowing everything about Perspective and Patience but it wasn't sinking in to my heart like it should have been. My eyes were open, but I wasn't seeing. And my ears were with me, but they weren't listening. Today, I read some passages and found some verses that struck me and awakened me. It got me back on track. That and a good friend who reminded me where my focus should be even though it was hard to hear at the time. But here are these verses if you ever find yourself stuck in a rut and overwhelmed by life;

Psalm 119: 68; "You are good, and what You do is good; teach me Your decrees. "

Psalm 119: 71; "It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees."

Colossians 1: 3-4 "For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves,  in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

There. Those three verses were perscriptions I hadn't ordered but God gave to me anyways because He knew I needed them even though I hadn't realized it. 1. You are good. What you do is good. Great reminder. Great perspective. God does good. Everything He does is good. Therefore, even my problems and the sadness in the world, is good. Because it fufills His plan and His purpose, and those are good.  2. How am i suposed to grow? How am i suposed to draw closer to God? My afflictions, big or small, all point our helplessness to His helpfullness. Our weakness to His strength. It makes us want to crawl to Him. Because humans will fail and fail again. And God never will. Never. We need Him. And sometimes afflcitions make us realize our need for Him. 3. Rescued, redeemed, and forgiven. We are rescued, redeemed and forgiven. Even though I failed and was walking through life with blinders on, He forgives me. And He redeems me. And our darkness, our problems, He has rescued us from. Has. Not will. Has. Past tense. He has already rescued us. We are rescued.


The part before you are Awakened, is not enjoyable. But I tell you what. There is nothing like the feeling you get after being awakened and rebuked. When you can see clearly and have your ears open to God's love, assurance, promises, and Word. When you restore your soul, and your heart is renewed. I'll keep failing, it's human nature. But He'll continue to be there to pick me up when I do, and He'll continue to grow me. And no matter what I do or what happens, God will be glorified. I'm not proud of my mistakes, but I am glad to have learned from them.


I'm Miles from where you are, Lord. But the more I get to know You, the closer I get to You. And one day, in Heaven, I'll be with You. And nothing. Nothing. Can seperate me from You. No  problems, fears, distractions, friends, family, nothing. It will be You, and all You. All of me is Yours Lord. I want to be less of me, and more like You.
                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment